Russ Hay's background and history
Russ Hay's The Bicycle Shop began in 1959, when Russ Hay and his wife bought a second hand store and weeded out everything except used bicyles. From the beginning, they were a full service shop, with Russ and his wife Marion doing minor mechanics and sales. Their clientele and reputation grew, and in the late 60s, they moved to a larger store on Government Street.
Mike Clermont bought the business in 1974, choosing to keep the respected name of Russ Hay's, and after continued growth, moved to the present location on Hillside in 1988. In 1985, Mike purchased a Sidney bike shop to add to the Russ Hay's family.
Throughout the years, we at Russ Hay's The Bicycle Shop have worked hard to maintain our reputation for friendly, expert service, relying on our customers word-of-mouth to be our strongest source of advertising.
Going into 2009 and beyond Martin Clermont is carring with father to son taught values and ethics of community based retailing.